Wednesday 29 June 2016

My Horrendous Journey (recount)

Gulp, gulp. I tried to swallow, as a dreadful slip of death lay in front of a built up line of vehicles, trying to get to the other side of this horrendous gorge.


There were slips around the corners, one lane was sealed off, but it still looked frightening. Car after car, after car, they were lined up in a snake-like line that looked like went on forever.


There were shades of dark green trees as far as  I could see and the hill tops looked as dry as old bones. Rushing streams were cleaning up old, dead and shaggy tree branches, on the side of the riverbank. There were brown clumps of old grass in the patchy fields.  Billy goats and sheep, that were barely surviving in this awful place, trudged over old dirt tracks sending clouds of dust into the air.


My stomach felt wobbly from a mixture of being half empty and half anxious. The sun shone brightly as setting down through the hills, leaving dark loamy shadows scattered around the place . Shades of red, orange and yellow filled the sky. Mum leaned to the side of the cliff, just looking down made her body shiver in fear. No houses were in sight, just a rusty timber shed.There was no city or town in sight either.

How long will it take? I said inside my thumping head. It was not a better place then the shaggy and old motel that had just stayed in. I am in a very sticky situation. I wonder what will happen next?

No comments:

Post a Comment